Active Photonic Platforms XII (OP102)
LATEST NEWS OF OUR GROUP
Prof. Sorger Invited presentations 2019
- NanoP (Munic, Germany), 2019, 3 Presentations
- SPIE Optics&Photonics (San Diego, CA, USA), 2019 (2x).
- IEEE Summer Topicals, (Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA), 2019.
- SPIE DCS (Baltimore, MD, USA), 2019.
- OSA OFC (San Jose, CA, USA), 2019.
- SPIE Photonics West (San Francisco, CA, USA), 2019, 4x Presentations.
- N2D Nanophotonics of 2D Materials (Shanghai, China), 2019
- Colloquium: Queens College CUNY, (New York, NY), 2019.
- Colloquium: University of Arizona, The James C. Wyant College of Optical Science Colloquium Series (Tucson, AZ), 2019.
- Seminar: Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (Los Angeles, CA), 2019.
- Seminar: NIST (Gaithersburg, MD), 2019.
- Seminar: IBM, (Zurich, Switzerland), 2019.
- Colloquium: University of Southern California, (LA, CA, USA), 2019.
- Seminar: NASA Goddard, (Washington, DC, USA), 2019.
- Colloquium: University of California Los Angeles, (LA, CA, USA), 2019.
- Colloquium: POSTECH, (Pohang, South Korea), 2019.
- Korea-GW Research Symposium, (Seoul, South Korea), 2019.
- Colloquium: University of California San Diego, (San Diego, CA, USA), 2019.
Other group members
- Rubab Amin, Hao Wang, Jiawei Meng, Zibo Hu are the winners of the AcclerateGW I-Corps NSF Grant ($3000).
- Rubab Amin won the ECE departmental best poster runner up in the GW SEAS R&D Showcase ($1000).
- The article "Roadmap on material-function mapping for photonic-electronic hybrid neural networks" by Miscuglio et al. has been selected as editor's pick.
- Dr. Mario Miscuglio has been invited to give a talk on "Neuromorphic Photonics for Network-edge Computing" at the Seventh Annual Fall Colloquium “Next Gen Technologies for 5G and Beyond” (American Center for Physics, College Park MD)
- Dr. Mario Miscuglio has presided a session during the 2019 Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science (FIO + LS) conference and exhibition taking place at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC from 15-19 September 2019. The title of the session is "Quantum computing: playing with atoms and photons"
- Dr. Mario Miscuglio has been selected as Invited Speaker at the special session "SP8. Dynamic metamaterials" of Meta2019 - Lisbon. The title of the talk is "Reprogrammable Nano-Optical Computing Using Metatronic Circuits"
- Dr. Mario Miscuglio has been invited to submit a paper at ACES in the session titled “Time Domain Modeling of Switchable and Tunable Devices in Photonics” at the 2020 International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Symposium, which will be held on March 22-26, 2020, in Monterey, California, USA
- Dr. Mario Miscuglio has been invited as Invited speaker at Nemo2019 IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS) 2019 in Boston. The title of the talk is "Design and characterization of an all-optical photonic neural network"
- Dr. Rishi Maiti have been awarded a $2500 USD travel grant to attend IEEE RAPID Conference 2019, taking place in Miramar Beach, Florida, USA from August 19-21, 2019. Dr. Maiti has also been selected to receive up to $706.57 in NSF funding from the University of Notre Dame for travel to the 7th Annual “Graphene and Beyond: From Atoms to Applications Workshop” (May 8-9, 2019) and the 5th annual “US/EU 2D Materials Workshop” (May 9-10, 2019).